Fish Recipe: Grilled Tilapia Topped With Fresh Pineapple Salsa
Though often associated with the summertime, grilled fish is amazing all year round. When paired with zesty fruit and spices, basic grilled fish takes on a whole new dimension. So refreshing! So warm! When you try this simple fish recipe, you’ll imagine that you’re back in August, dining on the deck of your favorite Caribbean restaurant. Enjoy!
- 2 c. cubed fresh pineapple2 green onions, diced
- 1/4 c. finely chopped green pepper
- 1/4 c. minced fresh cilantro
- 4 tsp. plus 2 tbsp. lime juice, divided
- 1/8 tsp. plus 1/4 tsp. salt, divided
- A dash of cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 8 4 oz. tilapia fillets
- 1/8 tsp. white pepper
- Cooking oil
1. In a small bowl, toss the pineapple, green onions, green pepper, cilantro, lime juice, salt, and cayenne pepper. Chill until you’re ready to serve.
2. Combine olive oil and the remaining lime juice, then drizzle over the tilapia filets. Sprinkle filets with the remaining salt and white pepper.
3. Moisten a paper towel with the cooking oil and use tongs to coat the grill rack. Grill the tilapia, uncovered, over medium heat for three minutes on each side until the fish is flakey.
4. Plate the tilapia and cover halfway with the chilled salsa.
Alternate cooking method: Broil tilapia four inches from the flame for three minutes, then flip and broil for another three minutes until the flesh flakes easily with a fork.