Orange Roughy With Citrus Sauce
For those of you who are fish connoisseurs, you might like to try this nice recipe. It is rather easy to make and will satisfy those who have a craving for a fish dinner for four people. Here are the ingredients that you will need for Orange Roughy in Citrus Sauce.
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 pound Orange Roughy Fillets
- 1 ½ tsp oil
- 1 T minced garlic
- 3 T fresh lime juice
- 2 T lemon juice
- 1 T orange juice
- 1 T chopped fresh parsley
- 2 T freshly chopped green onion
- 1 T butter
Method for Orange Roughy Fillets in Citrus Sauce
- It is important that you soak the fish in milk for approximately 10 minutes. Remove it from the milk, sprinkle with salt and dredge in flour.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat setting. Cook fish until it is golden brown on one side and then flip over to cook the other side. This will take approximately 3-4 minutes for each side.
- Now its time for the citrus sauce for the Orange Roughy. Wipe the frying pan clean of any traces of oil. Turn the pan on low and add remaining oil. Sauté garlic for about 30 seconds, and then add the lemon juice, the lime juice, orange juice, green onions, and finally, the parsley.
- Add the butter and just swirl in the pan until it is creamy. Remove from heat, then pour over the Orange Roughy, and serve.
The fish needs to be soaked 10 minutes in milk. Remove from heat, sprinkle with salt and dip in flour.
Place 2 tablespoons oil in a medium sized frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook fish until it is golden on one side, for approximately 3 minutes. Turn over and cook the other side until golden and cooked through, about 3 to 4 more minutes. Remove fish to a serving platter.
Wipe pan to remove access oil. Reduce heat to low, add remaining oil and cook garlic 30 seconds. Add juices, parsley, and green onions. Add butter, mix through until a smooth liquid. Pour sauce over fish and serve.
This recipe for Orange Roughy Fillets in Citrus Sauce will serve four people. Of course, if you are real big fish lovers, it might be a good idea to double up on the amount of fish that you have.
In other words, double the quantities that are listed in the ingredients. It is also a good idea to have some fresh parsley on hand in which you can snip off little pieces to decorate the top of the Citrus Sauce before serving.