What Personal Information About Customers Does FishermansOutfitter.com Gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your shopping experience at FishermansOutiftter.com. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. Click here
to see examples of what we collect. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, improving our stores, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use “cookies,” and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses Amazon.com. Click here to see examples of the information we receive.
- E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from FishermansOutfitter.com if your computer supports such capabilities. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information. Click here to see examples of the information we receive.
What About Cookies?
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide features such as storage of items in your Shopping Cart between visits.
- The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. However, cookies allow you to take full advantage of some of FishermansOutfitter.com’s coolest features, and we recommend that you leave them turned on.
Does Fisherman’ s Outfitter Share the Information It Receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below:
- Agents: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples may include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy stores, subsidiaries, or business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that Fisherman’s Outfitter, or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of Fisherman’s Outfitter and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Fisherman’s Outfitter, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We reveal only the last five digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
Which Information Can I Access?
FishermansOutfitter.com gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with FishermansOutfitter.com for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information.
What Choices Do I Have?
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of such FishermansOutfitter.com features as Wish Lists, Customer Review, Coupons & Discounts, and our Exclusive Captain’s Club.
- You can add or update certain information on pages such as those listed in the “Which Information Can I Access?” section above. When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
- If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please send an email to email@example.com.
- The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether.
- The Federal Trade Commission provides useful information about online privacy on its own Web site, Site Seeing on the Internet.
FishermansOutfitter.com does not sell products for purchase by children. We may sell children’s products for purchase by adults. If you are under 18, you may use FishermansOutfitter.com only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to visit FishermansOutfitter.com, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Terms & Conditions, including limitations on damages, arbitration of disputes, and application of the law of the state of Massachusetts. If you have any concern about privacy at FishermansOutfitter.com, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it.
Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice and the Terms & Conditions will change also. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, unless you have instructed us not to, but you should check our Web site frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.
Related Practices and Information
Information You Give Us
Information from Other Sources
Information You Can Access
Still have questions? contact us.
Examples of information you can access easily at FishermansOutfitter.com include up-to-date information regarding recent orders; personally identifiable information (including name, e-mail, password, communications preferences and address book); payment settings (including credit card information); e-mail notification settings; and wish lists.
Examples of information we receive from other sources include updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily; account information, purchase or redemption information; search results and links, including paid listings (such as Sponsored Links from Google); and credit history information from credit bureaus, which we use to help prevent and detect fraud and to offer certain credit or financial services to some customers.
You provide most such information when you search, buy, add to your wish list or tackle box, or communicate with customer service. For example, you provide information when you search for a product; place an order through FishermansOutfitter.com,provide information in Your Account(and you might have more than one if you have used more than one e-mail address when shopping with us); communicate with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise; compile Wish Lists; add fishing pictures to our photo gallery; provide and rate reviews; and employ other Personal Notification Services, such as Available to Order Notifications. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, address, and phone numbers; credit card information; people to whom purchases have been shipped, including addresses and phone number; content of reviews and e-mails to us; personal photographs; and financial information, including Social Security and driver’s license numbers.